Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'll miss you Dumpty



Mama's sorry, so very sorry for what happened last night.

Dumpty, you've escaped twice from the tank.
Both times in the night when you were out of Sundae's reach.
You looked so cute with your half opened eyes looking up at me,
thinking what's going on as I scooped you up from behind the cabinet's door where you were hiding

Mama's sorry because she stayed out late after school.

Mama's sorry because the lids that she covered the tank with were insufficient to prevent you from escaping yet again.

Mama's sorry because mama didn't had the courage to go near you when you were lying there, motionless on the floor.

Mama's sorry because all she did was to cry, in sadness and in fear of what she saw.

She was horrified by the scene she had to face as you were covered in a bloody mess.

Mama's sorry because she belittled you.

If it wasn't Mama's fault, you wouldn't had passed away in such a way.


You could have been enjoying a good life for another year or so.
You could have been running wildly on your most beloved wheel.
You could have continued having a life most abandoned hamsters would want.
So loved by both Mama and Dada.


You were the cheeky little hamster. Each move of yours were so stunningly swift.
You loved snatching Humpty's food even when I gave the same portion to you both.


From a tiny hamster you were, you became a dominant female.

I had a sense of achievement when you were finally tamed and allowed us to hold you a little longer than usual.


I'll miss how you look at us with your big bright eyes
I'll miss how you get swung out of the wheel when you run too fast


Last but not least, I'll miss your cheeky self as you never fail to make me laugh with your silly antics.

Love,
Mama & Dada

No comments: