Thursday, November 12, 2009

Going Westernized

Over the past 2 weeks, I've been trying to lose some fats and began exercising and paying attention to what I put into my mouth. I kinda got sick and tired of having oats for dinner almost everyday and so I decided to whip up something healthy, tasty and not 'oh-so-boring' meal for the day!

Here's what Sundae and I had for Dinner today!




















It ain't unhealthy lah! The chicken breast fillet is being seasoned over an hour with:
-Lime
-Basil
-Parsley
-Thyme
-Rosemary
-Garlic
-Tiny(and i really mean tiny like tinier than the size of a tiny ant) amt of salt, onion & pepper
-half a teaspoon of Honey

Cubed carrot and potato stir-fried with margerine+garlic+parsley

Nothing really unhealthy right? :)

The side dish was good, sweet carrot and fragrant potato. But the chicken was kinda like hard and chewy. Don't know if it's the texture of chicken breast itself, or the lime was too acidic for the meat. Overall taste was average. But I bet my Dad would not eat this. Haha! As for Chris, he vowed to eat whatever I'd cook! Hehe!



Against any biasness, this is what I've prepared for Little Miss Brown.



























Cool right? Like a bunny's idea of a buffet salad bar! She loves the shredded carrot and her all time favourite Xiao Bai Cai, but hated the green peppers and took only a lil of that parsley.


See what the naughty girl did @ the end of the day! Play with food! Mischevious!



Hehe, she was so happy that she binky-ed loads today. It was so amusing to be able to catch her jumping, or rather, prancing up and down the whole time. Joy of having pets.











Till next time, gotta head back to the books.
michelle

No comments: