Monday, June 30, 2008

Breakthroughs

Hmmm...

After all the visits and meals together with Chris' family, I can now say that I'm getting more and more at ease.

We happened to go back to his place yesterday to grab a charger before leaving for Causway point for dinner and to stock up on Sundae's kibbles. Midway, Chris remembered it was his elder brother's birthday and that his Mom prolly cooked up food for the occassion.

Entered the house sniffing in as much aroma of the food as we could because we were SO HUNGRY! HAha!

The 3 hours in there we chatted over meal, got to know Chris' SIL a lil more, played with Chris' niece, chatted bits with his Mom, and got a little more friendlier and open towards his younger sis.

It was quite fun lah, especially watching Catherine[Chris' niece] play gleefully with the balloon and behaving damn cheekily while having the cake. She can like take a spoonful of the cake and the cream get on the outside of her lips, she'll stick out her tongue ,and in circular motion, lick and SMEAR the cream all over her lower half of the face!

AND she does it each time she takes a bite! Cute right! It's like she's out to make us laugh!







Oh ya! Great news........ I've got a job already! [Everybody say "yay~~" ya.. like again!! lemme see..... it's my 3rd ob within 1.5yrs]

Gonna keep it hush hush for now. Don't wanna get too excited and hyped up about the job yet still kind premature to be announced as I'm going through a course, and then a 3months probation period afterwards.

Pay wise is kinda average for a Diploma holder. So don't keep coming to ask me for treats ah!





Talking about job, my previous one, damn irritating! I think I'll never recommend anyone there already. Already received few threatening messages when I didn't answer the bosses' calls when I was either busy or, like earlier, in the shower.

Now all I pray is that they'd pay me! If they don't, I'll refer customers to the firm that has opened right next to them.




'Nuff from the unhappy stuff, back to my current job. As I asid, i'm on a mini course now with the rest of the people at OSD[shortform for my work place, good for you if you managed to figure it out. heh.]. Consultant is from the States and I love his presentations!

He asked a question in class, even my 3 bosses thought for a while and came up with less than satisfied answer to to consultant. [okay, let me brag a bit here can?] I on the other hand, gave him a superb answer and he was in AWE! "Are you sure you've been only here for a day?"

And my director went "That's a very good answer. I'm impressed"
And boss 2 went "Very well done."
And boss 3 went "Whoa"

And consultant went "Where did you hire this girl?"
And boss1 went "We've been interviewing for 2 months and came this right candidate and we hired her immediately!"

Yea, I went for interview like 2hours after I sent my resume, a trial the very next morning and started work the day after. I even clocked OVERTIME ok!

And then colleague went "I'm so proud of you, you remembered what I've taught you through the 2hours crash orientation yesterday."

What did I tell you guys? Ah~? ah~? I'm a fast and keen learner ok! :D Of course under the right circumstanced like the teacher, surroundings and influences. Realise that a motivating & unpressurizing teaching method works the best for me.



I can easily say that these encouragement, motivations and words of praise made me the happiest employee today! [when was the last time i got praised? and how often do I get prased, I don't remember.] And for the following days, months or years to come. It had seriously made an impact on me, definitely.



Starting to miss school when I was there. Missed the times straining my ears to adjust to the slang of different teachers' special accents, missed the times where I could so confidently asnwer questions subconsciously while listening & taking down notes, missed the times where I really like subjects/modules and I put in a hundred and one percent of my concentration and hard work to excel and show the lecturer I'm his best student.

I guess I must be really missing 'student-hood'. The strive to compete, excel and outshine in classes. But I remembered I was never good enough. Maybe that is what's stopping me from putting my hundred and one percent in adulthood.

Time to have a change, to welcome the new type of bosses & colleagues into my life. I don't want to quit after a few months again.

9-6pm again tomorrow!
michelle

No comments: